patterns with holes
yaytoast29
Bracelet King
yaytoast29
4 years, 10 months ago by yaytoast29
How do you create the patterns that have holes in them? Like #23578 or #24091 or #24695 for example?
PuPotato
Bracelet King
PuPotato
4 years, 10 months ago by PuPotato
Just follow the pattern like any other pattern. Just make sure you aren’t pulling the knots too tight. You have to hold the strings so that the gaps stay uniform in size
yaytoast29
Bracelet King
yaytoast29
Oh ya I know. I was wondering how you created them in the pattern generator.
PuPotato
Bracelet King
PuPotato
4 years, 10 months ago by PuPotato
Oh, ok. When you’re creating them, there are the four knot options and another option where the strings aren’t knotted in the top right above the box where you’re typing the knot commands (if that makes any sense). You can also just type a 0 rather than f, b, fb, or bf
yaytoast29
Bracelet King
yaytoast29
Ok thanks! I’ll just do the 0. It sounds easier. Thanks again!
noranora-l
Bracelet King
noranora-l
4 years, 9 months ago by noranora-l
Make your knots carefully so they are not bunching up the other knots you’ve made
LoopyCat
Bracelet King
LoopyCat
4 years, 5 months ago by LoopyCat
My niece, @Tealmango7, created a normal, 10-string pattern & when she hit Test/Save, it came out with a ton of holes/spaces throughout the whole pattern! She's created several patterns before, so she knows how to do it. She sent me screenshots to see if I could figure out what happened, & the only mistake I could find was in the 4th row she made a typo & accidentally entered one extra knot.
I don't understand why it didn't give an error message about incorrect knot structure when she hit Test/Save, & why would that cause spaces to appear starting from the very first row?? 🤔
LoopyCat
Bracelet King
LoopyCat
The funny thing is, I told @Tealmango7 that she should go ahead & submit the pattern the way it was, with all the spaces/holes, because I thought it actually looked really cool! LOL!! 😜 😂
LoopyCat
Bracelet King
LoopyCat
OK, I think @Tealmango7 figured out what caused the unexpected spaces in her pattern. She was entering the knots using her phone (smaller screen, smaller keyboard) & she thinks she may have accidentally hit the symbols for spaces in a few places instead of the arrows she meant to hit. Problem solved. Lol 😜 😄 👍
hannah_0
Bracelet King
hannah_0
4 years, 5 months ago by hannah_0
Just follow it normally and the holes should show up if not then you might have a problem