why isn’t the generator an actual generator
Brooke1683
Bracelet King
Brooke1683
3 years ago by Brooke1683
Ok I was wondering: why doesn’t the generator generate a random pattern And why don’t we have something that does generate a random pattern
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years ago by halokiwi
The generator is meant for you to generate patterns with, not for it to create patterns on it's own.

It would be indeed cool to have a generator that can generate patterns on it's own but randomised patterns usually don't look very nice (we also do not accept randomised patterns) and it would not really be your work but the generator's work which would make it unfair for you to post such a pattern because it is not your own.

I have seen a pattern generator once that was able to randomise patterns but it was not attached to a website like braceletbook but a website on it's own. I sadly don't remember what it was called.
Brooke1683
Bracelet King
Brooke1683
3 years ago by Brooke1683
@halokiwi sorry if this confused you I meant why wouldn’t it generate a random pattern that is already created in bracelet book if you cant decide what pattern to make I think that it would be a cool feature for BraceletBook to just choose a random pattern to make. 🙂
allyson606
Bracelet King
allyson606
3 years ago by allyson606
Honestly that would be a cool feature if when we didn't know what pattern to make we could just use that to help us find one. However what I do is just go into google and find a number generator, only for a fun challenge sometimes though heheehehe
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years ago by halokiwi
Oh, I thought the pattern generator with which you can design your own patterns 😅
danielle_3
Bracelet King
danielle_3
3 years ago by danielle_3
if i want to generate random patterns i like to google random pattern generator. for the maximum number i put the first pattern i see on bracelet book when i open it because that is the highest the pattern numbers go until another is approved and assigned a number. for the minimum i leave it at 1. there are also people in the challenge section of forums that may host challenges where you make the pattern you generate. i did a challenge for that once so maybe other people have too!