How do you make an alpha pattern?
OstieKnots
Professional
OstieKnots
5 years, 3 months ago by OstieKnots
Well, I get the basic physics of the alpha pattern, and I can't tell you just how many videos I've watched, but I'm not really understanding a couple of things. 1. How do you tie strings onto the base strings and then start looping with it? I get the back and forth method, but let's say you have to skip a couple of rows before the color is used again. For example: Let's say you have a two color alpha. You have to do a row with purple and black in it, but then after that row, you have to do several solid color rows. What do you do with the other color? When it's time to knot with it again, do you just stretch it down? PLEASE HELP!! 🤔 Just explain to me how this works!!
ntross14
Bracelet King
ntross14
5 years ago by ntross14
There are two different methods of doing alpha bracelets. You have the two color variety which uses the base strings to knot. There are tutorials under videos on this app to do this type. Then, the method I prefer is used typically for three or more colored bracelets where you simply know with extra strings away from the base ones. I wish I could send pictures of the bracelet I am working on now because it would help immensely. Let me look for a good video for you to watch. That is how I had to learn.
ntross14
Bracelet King
ntross14
5 years ago by ntross14
What I do is make a hank with all of the colors you are going to use and tie them together in a big ole’ knot and then slip that knot under your clipboard/safety pin and then start knotting. This way you don’t get any weird imperfections going on at the start of your bracelet. Once you finish the bracelet you can tie them together tightly against the back and hot glue them down or super glue them or even just let the ends fly. Whatever floats your goat.
ntross14
Bracelet King
ntross14
5 years ago by ntross14
This video is good. Homegirl is using one of those store bought string holders but the concepts are great! Here’s the link!
ntross14
Bracelet King
ntross14
5 years ago by ntross14
https://youtu.be/guZcGP-Rjck
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years, 10 months ago by unicorns14
I know you have watched many videos but Masha Knots has a really clear and understandable video about reading alphas
noranora-l
Bracelet King
noranora-l
4 years, 9 months ago by noranora-l
Go to the website