Merging colours in a variation
Ldatcodylv
Bracelet King
Ldatcodylv
3ย years, 5ย months ago by Ldatcodylv
I was wondering how do you merge colours when trying to make a alpha variation, i know that it says that there can be 2 colours that are the same. Is there a way to do this or do I just not worry about it and just make the bracelet? #5051 is the pattern I am trying to make a variation of. thx
Ldatcodylv
Bracelet King
Ldatcodylv
3ย years, 5ย months ago by Ldatcodylv
oops I did not mean to post it twice :/
_Theatre_
Bracelet King
_Theatre_
3ย years, 3ย months ago by _Theatre_
I'm not sure, but here would be my suggestion if you want it to actually make the pattern:
I think that you should click "add variation," and make two of the colors extremely similar so the same-color warning doesn't pop up, but don't submit it. You can work off of the preview it shows in the pattern editor and then submit a photo after you're done, without submitting the pattern.

Hope I could help! ๐Ÿ˜˜
arf820
arf820
3ย years, 3ย months ago by arf820
unfortunately, it isnโ€™t possible to merge colors in an alpha variation. it is possible in a normal variation though. i would suggest that with the colors you want merged, make them similar but not so similar that the warning pops up. and then if you knot the pattern, you can use the same color for the sections that use those two similar colors. i hope that helps and sorry for the late response ๐Ÿ™‚