Rotating patterns (Moderator's request)
LuloveLock
Professional
LuloveLock
3ย years, 8ย months ago by LuloveLock
Hi, I'm new here so I am still figuring things out.

I have submitted two patterns and had them rejected, the Moderator requested that the patterns be rotated to give a better preview. I changed the patterns (feet now facing the left or the screen rather than the left), thinking I had made the required ammendments I resubmitted the designs. They have been rejected again for the same reason as before, but no further explaination.

Each pattern is of a computer game 'sprite' walking along the length of the bracelet.

I don't understand how to rotate the pattern. Is there something I am missing? Is there a way of explaining to the moderators that what I have designed is mean to be that way? Please help!
knottahti
knottahti
3ย years, 8ย months ago by knottahti
hi there, moderator here! thank you for your effort to rotate your pattern, we really appreciate it a lot! i am sorry to hear that your design was declined twice now for the same reason, after you rotated it. here's my advice: 1) message the moderator who declined your pattern most recently, and see if they can help you understand the situation better (if they remember the pattern, sometimes we don't because there are so many haha) 2) write a message in the review notes section when you resubmit it , explaining what it is supposed to look like, what it is in reference to, etc. basically anything that will help us understand your intent and help your pattern get accepted. hope this helps, and best wishes!!
LuloveLock
Professional
LuloveLock
3ย years, 8ย months ago by LuloveLock
Thank you so much for your help! I shall follow your advice and have another try! ๐Ÿ˜Š
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3ย years, 8ย months ago by halokiwi
Hello, when we ask to rotate the pattern what we mean is to make whatever is on the pattern upright in the preview. This won't change the knotting structure because the generator always picks the least amount of base strings possible. But it will make it easier to recognise what is on the pattern because if a pattern is sideways or upside down our brain still tries to recognise it as something that is upright first until it realises it's not. If it is sideways in the video game as well it would make sense for the pattern to be sideways. If that's the case please leave that information in the review notes as said before.