how do you read a pattern? (I am a noobie at making bracelets
knotz023
Advanced
knotz023
3 years, 9 months ago by knotz023
Hi! I see so many cool patterns on this platform but a lot of patterns confuse me.
knotz023
Advanced
knotz023
I also just started making bracelets other than braided ones or just knots all the way down the bracelet 😂
anonte2
Bracelet King
anonte2
3 years, 9 months ago by anonte2
@knotz023 hi! i do know that masha knots (@raccoon) does a good tutorial on how to read friendship bracelets on her youtube. if you search up mashaknots you should find it! hope this helps!!
knotz023
Advanced
knotz023
Yes! I actually am subscribed to her channel and find all of her tutorials very helpful! I will definitely check it out! Ty
jgrace
Bracelet King
jgrace
3 years, 9 months ago by jgrace
when reading a pattern, you make a knot for every arrow in the direction that the arrow shows. kinsey b on youtube has a good tutorial for normal and alpha patterns!
gamergirl6
Skiller
gamergirl6
3 years, 9 months ago by gamergirl6
You should check out Masha knots on YouTube! She does tutorials, fun videos about bracelets and even gives her subscribers challenges to do for the month
knotz023
Advanced
knotz023
I love Masha knots! I am actually subscribed, but I haven’t seen that video yet! Ty☺️
rtbracelet
Skiller
rtbracelet
3 years, 9 months ago by rtbracelet
Masha Kong’s (of course the bracelet queen even tho she’s a moderator)
rtbracelet
Skiller
rtbracelet
3 years, 9 months ago by rtbracelet
I mean Masha knots has a video on how to learn basic knots then it will teach you patterns
rayedesol
Bracelet King
rayedesol
3 years, 8 months ago by rayedesol
For patterns; there are 4 knots to make a pattern.

Forward Knot ⭸
Backward Knot ⭹
Forward Backward Knot ↲
Backward Forward Knot ↳

Those 4 knot symbols appear like that in normal patterns.

In Alpha patterns, there are only Forward and Backward knots.
🡢 (a bunch of them will go in this direction)
and 🡠 (a bunch of those in the apposite direction).

The two easiest beginner patterns to learn is #2 the basic chevron, which would be just forward and backward knots and the other easiest pattern is # 1, which is just forward knots mainly.