Rotating Patterns
lreileigh
Skiller
lreileigh
3 years, 9 months ago by lreileigh
When I make an alpha pattern I usually get the decline message that asks me to rotate the pattern. I am not sure how to do that without making the pattern too wide. If i do rotate the pattern will it automatically rotate so it isn't too wide or is there a part of the generator that I am missing? I have many ideas for alpha patterns but I cannot make them if I don't know how to rotate them :/.
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
I don’t think there’s a specific rotating feature, but you can take a screenshot of your pattern, rotate the image, then do “alpha from image” and tweak it if you need to
poplianna
Bracelet King
poplianna
3 years, 9 months ago by poplianna
I’ve never seen this before that doesn’t seem like something that should be required
lreileigh
Skiller
lreileigh
3 years, 9 months ago by lreileigh
I have figured out what I was doing wrong. When I would use the draw alpha feature I was making the pixels vertical, like how a pattern normally is. I did not know the generator would create the pattern vertically on its own. Thank you for your help @madeleine_ and @poplianna !
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 9 months ago by Elise64
This is a different question but for some alpha patterns like #18215, the pattern is rotated, like for most alpha patterns, you make the pattern and then it’ll be turned over, I don’t know if that makes sense, but for this one, the turtle in the grid is turned the same way as in the pattern. That probably doesn’t make sense but if you look at the pattern you might. Does anyone know how to make patterns like that?
chey1470
Professional
chey1470
3 years, 9 months ago by chey1470
I think it has to do with which side is the smallest. Alpha patterns generally work from side to side across the shorter path, working down the length of the bracelet, so the system auto turns them so the shorter side is read horizontally. The turtle patterns shorter side is already horizontal.