Does anyone know of a tutorial for twisted ties and tassels for bookmarks?
lemonlime0
Professional
lemonlime0
3 years, 9 months ago by lemonlime0
If you don’t know what I’m talking about try searching photos of alphas for “bookmark” you will see how they make a twisted tie attached to a tassel. I can’t figure out how to do it just by looking, but I really want to make one.
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
3 years, 9 months ago by Hazel23
I’m pretty sure masha knots has a tutorial maybe Kinsey B
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 9 months ago by 2006_Mandy
You make the twisted tie and then tie an knot and leave some string cutting the rest off. I could easily explain it better but it’s not too hard to do.
lemonlime0
Professional
lemonlime0
My example is @switeziank ‘s picture of pattern #40198 I want to know how to make the hole and how the top is so neat and how you attached the tassel and the tie to the hole
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 9 months ago by beaumont
Masha knots or Alex innovations
lemonlime0
Professional
lemonlime0
I thought my phrasing may be a bit confusing, but what I mean is I know how to do the twisted ties but I can’t find anything that shows how to do what was done in the picture I cited
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
@lemonlime0 I’m pretty sure all they do is tie a knot at the end of the tie and then leave some string loose before cutting the rest off
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
Oh so I looked at it and they probably made the tie and the tied a knot at the end then cut some strings and pulled it through the little loop before tying a string around the bunch. If this makes no sense I would suggest asking the person who made it over private messages
Craftanati
Bracelet King
Craftanati
3 years, 9 months ago by Craftanati
https://youtu.be/ztCYoOltEZ0 This would be the idea, but instead of the single string, you would do the twisted string around it 🙂
Clairaland
Bracelet King
Clairaland
3 years, 9 months ago by Clairaland
Masha knits has a twisted ties tutorial
Clairaland
Bracelet King
Clairaland
3 years, 9 months ago by Clairaland
Knots ***
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
The YouTube channel “knot your average bracelet” has a tutorial on how to make the tassel part, it’s called “how to make tassels for bracelets. Someone also explains it in the comments of #43206. Also, someone said in the comments of another pattern that they explained how to do it in the comments of one of their posts on their Instagram, bracelets_by_isabelle. And apparently the Instagram account valentina__lenin also has a tutorial on it. I don’t know if the Instagram tutorials explain how to make the hole, but I have a guess. It looks like you need to use two leading strings, and divide your strings in half. I’m gonna use the example of a pattern with 20 base strings. So you do forward knots onto strings 1-8 individually like normal, but then do an fb knot onto strings 9 and 10. This would be a single knot onto both strings, not knotting them individually. You then do a single fb knot onto strings 8-10, then do normal backward knots onto strings 7-1 individually like normal (you can totally do the straight edges technique, but I’m leaving it out for simplicity). Then make forward knots onto strings 1-6 individually like normal, and make a single fb knot onto strings 7-10. Then make backward knots onto strings 6-1 individually like normal, then make forward knots onto strings 1-7 individually like normal, and make a single fb knot onto strings 8-10. Now make a single fb knot onto strings 9 and 10, then make backward knots onto strings 8-1 individually like normal. Now you’ve make the left side of the hole, and your next row will be just a normal row of forward knots. Do the same thing for the other side of the hole, you just need to mirror it and use a separate leading string from the one you used for the left side. And you can make it as big or small as you want. I’m not certain this would work because I haven’t actually tried it, but I think that’s how you make the hole
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
Oh and Masha Knots doesn’t have a tutorial on this, she just has one on twisted ties. I’m just letting you know so that you don’t waste time trying to find a tutorial that doesn’t exist
lemonlime0
Professional
lemonlime0
@madeleine_ thanks
Basilology
Bracelet King
Basilology
3 years, 9 months ago by Basilology
Here is a tutorial on how to make the hole-
https://youtu.be/wJDV7bfqZos
xxmanellex
Advanced
xxmanellex
3 years, 9 months ago by xxmanellex
masha knots for twisted ties
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 9 months ago by jadeflwr13
separate the strings into two groups and twist them both clockwise, then twist the two groups around one another counterclockwise to make twisted ties. then tie a knot at the end to make the tassel. hope this helps! 🧷🗝✨
Seli
Bracelet King
Seli
3 years, 8 months ago by Seli
valentina lenin has a tutorial on how to integrate a loop into an alpha! here's the tutorial on instagram's igtv: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_7jgp4FG4R/

if you don't have instagram, here's the youtube tutorial for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJDV7bfqZos

there are english subtitles if you don't understand russian.
lemonlime0
Professional
lemonlime0
3 years, 8 months ago by lemonlime0
Yes! Thank you so much to everyone who replied. You all have been so helpful in solving my problem.
knotnormal
Bracelet King
knotnormal
3 years, 8 months ago by knotnormal
Masha knots has one if you go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7agi3LX-Mg also I would recommend starting the bracelet before doing twisted ties