Two Border Colors on an Alpha Pattern
Keegan_Fin
Advanced
Keegan_Fin
3 years, 9 months ago by Keegan_Fin
I am attempting to do pattern #44248. This pattern has two border colors on each side. I cannot find anything on how to make this pattern work or how to incorporate a border into an alpha. Should I just avoid using a border on an alpha pattern? Can someone help, please?
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
You can switch from white to orange the same way you’d do any other color switch. If you’re using the flat alpha technique, you can’t use it for the orange to red color switch because it’s on the very edge. I would recommend using the straight edges technique because that way you won’t have any string sticking out of the sides, just the back. If you don’t know how to do it, you can go to the tutorials section and there’s a tutorial on it there, or you can watch Masha Knots’ YouTube video called “Flat alpha bracelets”
rubisaa11
Bracelet King
rubisaa11
3 years, 9 months ago by rubisaa11
You can use the flat alpha technique with all of the colors, but on the left side, you can only use that technique with the red string when you are making forward knots. (and on the right side you can only do it when you're doing backward knots.) The reason for this is that the orange string would stick out of the sides if you did the flat alpha technique on all of the edges.
If that's confusing, you could also double up the boarder and do two rows of red and two rows of orange.
Here's the link to masha knot's flat alpha tutorial if you want to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YVFAX9sacw
(also, my dad went to tech so I'm super happy that you're making that pattern 😄)
xxmanellex
Advanced
xxmanellex
3 years, 9 months ago by xxmanellex
cant go wrong with white or black 🙈