Alpha
xXMyselfXx
Professional
xXMyselfXx
3 years, 9 months ago by xXMyselfXx
Hi guys, I am making an alpha right now, and if I just have color switched I can see small pieces of strings that are leading to the knot. Is that normal or is there anything I can do to reduce that?
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 9 months ago by Someone_
Do you mean the colour you switched out is 'leaking through'? If so, usually just pulling on that string gently will rectify that.
xXMyselfXx
Professional
xXMyselfXx
@Someone_ I can see where I started knotting with another color of string, it’s not ‘smooth’ I can’t explain it better, I’m sorry
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
No need to apologise❤. Is it the small piece of string 'sticking out?'
xXMyselfXx
Professional
xXMyselfXx
Yes! That’s exactly the problem!
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
That's completely normal, don't worry. Just leave them, and after you finished your bracelet you can go back and cut those little bits of string off. 🙂
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
Is it sticking out from the front, or the back?
xXMyselfXx
Professional
xXMyselfXx
Out from te front
madeleine_
madeleine_
Would you be willing to take a picture of it and set it as your profile picture? I’m having trouble picturing it
xXMyselfXx
Professional
xXMyselfXx
Yeah, fine! I have soo much trouble explaining so..
xXMyselfXx
Professional
xXMyselfXx
It’s my profile picture now! I mean the colored strings that are leading into the back
madeleine_
madeleine_
The strings are showing because when you brought the new leading string in, you crossed it over the old leading string. If you haven't made any more rows, you can just uncross the strings and pull the strings that are sticking out up and behind the bracelet. In the future, you can make sure not to cross the strings, or you could do Masha Knots' flat alpha technique. She has a YouTube tutorial on it called "Flat alpha bracelets"
xXMyselfXx
Professional
xXMyselfXx
I think i’m just going to unpick the knots and start again. Thanks for the tips!