Straight rows for alphas
aditi110
Bracelet King
aditi110
3 years, 10 months ago by aditi110
Whenever I make triangle ends for alphas the rows tend to curve slightly like an upside-down u. Any way to prevent this?
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 10 months ago by Someone_
I noticed that this would happen to me if I didn't make the knots tight enough, so I started pulling them tighter and it seemed to have solved it, maybe you could try that too?
aditi110
Bracelet King
aditi110
I'll try it out and see how it goes! thx for the help
aditi110
Bracelet King
aditi110
@Someone_
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 10 months ago by Someone_
You're welcome! I hope it works for you too 🙂
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
There are two different methods for making alpha triangle ends. The first one (which Masha Knots teaches in her video “triangle ends ON alphas”) involves having one big group of strings in the middle, and it usually results in rows curving the way you’re describing. The second method (which Masha Knots teaches in her video “triangle ends FOR alphas”) involves having two big groups of string on each side, and it usually results in straighter rows. Which method are you using?
aditi110
Bracelet King
aditi110
madeleine_ I am using the triangle ends for alphas technique
madeleine_
madeleine_
Do you mean the second method? If so, I recommend switching to the first method. It usually looks a lot cleaner, and it’s no more difficult than the second method
Cirivere
Bracelet King
Cirivere
3 years, 10 months ago by Cirivere
I sometimes use a popsicle stick or a nail file to push my knots for normal type bracelets (i prefer to work row by row and have been paying more attention to making my rows even lately), perhaps this will work really good on alphas as well?

every few rows if i notice my knots get uneven i pull on my strings, while simulatiously pushing alll knots upwards by laying my popsicle stick against it and pushing it upwards

of course tying consistent knots helps too, it's harder to stay consistent when you knot loosely, but if you tie tight knots most of them will form the same way due to the stirng thickness and fitting in between the other nearby knots
aditi110
Bracelet King
aditi110
@madeleine_ I'll make sure to try it it and see if it works! thx for the help! 🙂
aditi110
Bracelet King
aditi110
@Cirivere I'll see if it helps! thx so much for the help! 😊
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 10 months ago by beaumont
Masha knots has some good videos on that
madeleine_
madeleine_
You’re welcome!
narwhal06
Bracelet King
narwhal06
3 years, 10 months ago by narwhal06
Sometimes what I like to do if I notice my rows are uneven in my triangle ends is I adjust the tension of my knots accordingly. For example, if it is the top triangle end and I am bring strings out, I would make the knots a little bit looser on the edges and slightly tighter in the middle so they start to form a straight line. I hope this helps. Message me if it sounds a little confusing and I can try to explain it a little better. 🙂
aditi110
Bracelet King
aditi110
@narwhal06 thx so much for help. I'll try to do that and see how it goes! 😄
narwhal06
Bracelet King
narwhal06
3 years, 10 months ago by narwhal06
@aditi110 no problem. Glad I could help!