Face Mask Grip/Holder Brainstorm
ShruthiMan
Bracelet King
ShruthiMan
3 years, 10 months ago by ShruthiMan
So, obvs we wearing our face masks while outside like good little citizens, but does anyone else's ears pain if they wear their mask for ages? Cause mine do.
And I've got a potential flight back to my home, but like, that means I've got to wear it for about 6 hours 😭 (Thank you to all the essential workers who do this regularly!)

BUT, I've seen loads of DIY things to basically hook the masks on instead of your ears. I think they're either called face mask holders, or ear grips?
I think it should be fairly easy to make some kind of contraption out of a bracelet no? I think I'm sorter for my reusable mask, I'm just gonna make a simple, but long bracelet and then put an adjustable closure so I can just slip it over my head an tighten it.

Now the problem is that this wont work with use and throw masks, any suggestions for what kind of closures or designs to use that keep it easy to use and practicable? Has anyone tried something like this before? Share your experiences pls!

(Oh, and glasses wearers, how in the frick do you not get them fogged up, cause damn, even if my mask it tight it sometimes can fogg)
B_ridgette
Bracelet King
B_ridgette
3 years, 10 months ago by B_ridgette
you can always make a long bracelet, and have them tie around your head. I don't know what the style is called but this is what they look like

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
l l
l l
l l
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
So for a ear saver you make a small rectangular bracelet maybe half of a normal sized bracelet and attatch two button one on each end then you can put one elastic around a button and the other elastic around the other button
ShruthiMan
Bracelet King
ShruthiMan
3 years, 10 months ago by ShruthiMan
@2006_Mandy that what I tried, the problem with that is that different masks have different sizes in terms of their ear loops/elastics, so what I've made for one size doesnt fit another. I'm almost considering just making a longish size and then sewing on a bunch of buttons into it so I can hook it onto different ones depending on the size.......
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Elastics stretch and most masks will fit you could always see on a strip of a bracelet a bunch of smaller buttons if you wanted to that way it would be better for all sizes of masks
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 10 months ago by beaumont
I like to just wear a dew rag around my mouth or a bandana around my mouth and nose.......I don't really wear ones around my ear at all