straight edge technique help
grcleven
Bracelet King
grcleven
3 years, 10 months ago by grcleven
how do I know which bracelets need the straight edge technique? I know that if a pattern has bf knots on the left and fb on the right, the straight edges are already built in, but how can I tell which bracelets (that don't have the straight edges built in) would look better if I add strings for the straight edge technique, and which ones will look fine without it?
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
3 years, 10 months ago by chkntaters
If the pattern has a lot of diamond shapes in it, it's very likely that you will need the straight edges technique. It's pretty hard to tell, it's usually a guessing game for me lol
madison737
Bracelet King
madison737
3 years, 10 months ago by madison737
if you like to segment knot and your knotting in a diamond shape then do the straight edges Technique. also if both edged are the same knot ex the strings pair on the left and is a f knot and same on the other side then use the straight edge technique etc. hope this helps!
ajr725
Bracelet King
ajr725
3 years, 10 months ago by ajr725
If the bracelet doesn't have a very "balanced" knot structure, then you might want to use the straight edges technique. Basically that means if you have a lot of forward knots on one half of the bracelet, but not a lot of backwards knots on the other half, or vice versa, the pattern isn't very balanced and will have a tendency to curve to one side. A good example of a balanced pattern is the chevron, and a good example of an unbalanced pattern is the candy stripe.
juliannagh
Bracelet King
juliannagh
3 years, 10 months ago by juliannagh
just go ahead and use the straight edge technique for all alphas
alyssanead
Bracelet King
alyssanead
3 years, 10 months ago by alyssanead
When the pattern is symmetrical I don’t normally use the straight edges technique, but when it isn’t I normally use it
grcleven
Bracelet King
grcleven
3 years, 10 months ago by grcleven
@madison737 that does help, thanks! So would you recommend doing straight edge for #9825 , or do you think it’d be fine without it?
madison737
Bracelet King
madison737
3 years, 10 months ago by madison737
i would do the straight edges technique because there is diamond shapes in the pattern!
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
You probably don’t need the straight edges technique for that pattern because it’s very symmetrical and balanced
mrs_rausch
Bracelet King
mrs_rausch
3 years, 10 months ago by mrs_rausch
That pattern would be very easy to implement the straight edges technique but I don't see it being necessary if you prefer to not use it. 🙂