best way to attach bracelets and keep em tight while making them
Bar012208
Professional
Bar012208
3 years, 9 months ago by Bar012208
sry if taht made no sense lol. i use duct tape and attach if you my string box but it leaves residue on my bracelet. i’ve also tried clipboards but i usually knot in bed so they’re pretty uncomfortable
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
3 years, 9 months ago by chkntaters
You can try safety pinning your bracelet to a pillow or something. Although this is usually pretty unstable if you have a thicker bracelet so it's not the best. My personal favourite method is the clipboard, but you already mentioned that you aren't a fan. You can always try using scotch tape or masking tape to tape your bracelets down, I've done this multiple times and I've never seen it leave residue.
Bar012208
Professional
Bar012208
thank u! i think i just need a different clipboard. mine isn’t the brown one with the silver clip. it isn’t as secure
Bar012208
Professional
Bar012208
i’ll try the masking tape
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
3 years, 9 months ago by chkntaters
You're welcome! Usually I knot in bed too. I just sit cross-legged and I tuck the end of the clipboard under my legs to keep it stable. I have to take breaks though cause my feet always fall asleep 😂
Bar012208
Professional
Bar012208
😂
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 9 months ago by beaumont
pining it to a pillow, or getting a book and securing to that
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
I like to use a binder clip to clip my bracelet onto a thin hardcover book (I use a Dr Seuss book haha) and then I sit in bed with a pillow in front of me and put the book on the pillow. In my experience, a binder clip is much stronger than a clipboard
mlh49529
Bracelet King
mlh49529
3 years, 9 months ago by mlh49529
I use a clipboard or safety pin for normals and tape for alphas. You can also try attaching it to a water bottle while you knit in bed
mlh49529
Bracelet King
mlh49529
3 years, 9 months ago by mlh49529
Oh and I attach a safety pin to either my pants like jeans or a pillow
mollyzaq
Skiller
mollyzaq
3 years, 8 months ago by mollyzaq
Hear me out using your pinky toe or a big toe to hold onto the tires looping around toes Sometimes I attach them to a command hook or a bedframe
MEx3
Advanced
MEx3
3 years, 8 months ago by MEx3
I would recommend taking any throw pillow or sleeping pillow and a large strong safety pin and pin your bracelet to the pillow it's what I use and it works great.
MEx3
Advanced
MEx3
3 years, 8 months ago by MEx3
I would recommend taking any throw pillow or sleeping pillow and a large strong safety pin and pin your bracelet to the pillow it's what I use and it works great.
CHMGURL
Professional
CHMGURL
3 years, 8 months ago by CHMGURL
I swear by using binder clips to attach it to a book—although I’m a huge bookworm, so I always have a book, maybe it’s always convenient for me. Anyway, it’s the only thing I’ve found that it doesn’t move around for me at all, and you don’t have any of that stickiness from tape
mjlgvw
Bracelet King
mjlgvw
3 years, 8 months ago by mjlgvw
I use a glue clamp from the hardware store! Can be attached to almost anything, pillows, books, tables, airplane seats 🤣
jetsa_124
Bracelet King
jetsa_124
3 years, 8 months ago by jetsa_124
I use a clipboard!! And it’s more portable and easy to carry along with textbooks and such. I have those brown ones with the big silver clip. They are the most secure
bej
Bracelet King
bej
3 years, 8 months ago by bej
MASKING TAPE 😂
ribbitfrog
Bracelet King
ribbitfrog
3 years, 8 months ago by ribbitfrog
I use a clipboard or something flat, and I use binder clips to secure the bracelet. I have tried many different ways and I have found that this works the best for me.
saf102
Bracelet King
saf102
3 years, 8 months ago by saf102
I usually use a clipboard or binder, etc. and instead of using the clip that’s on it I use clamps to held them in place as I find it to secure the threads better
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
3 years, 8 months ago by Diana2509
I use a clipboard most of the time, but sometimes it still slides. So I invested in this: https://www.amazon.com/Choose-Friendship-Bracelet-Jewelry-Making/dp/B008B7BC8S