types of thread
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
9 years, 9 months ago by TFK19
So there are a ton of forum posts about what type of thread (craft thread or embroidery floss) and what brand of thread is the best.... I'll give you a hint. It doesn't really matter what type of thread you use! I saw someone said that their friend uses craft thread and all their bracelets get holes in them... Craft thread does NOT cause that problem. Although I do prefer craft thread over embroidery floss, it doesn't matter which you use and I work with both all the time. Also, it doesn't really matter what brand you use other than the fact that certain brands sometimes have a knot or two in the skeins.. But that's not really that big of a deal. So what I've found is that the only thing you need to learn is how to tie with craft thread vs embroidery floss (yes there's a slightly different technique) and all your projects should turn out fine. Good luck 🙂
samiksha
Bracelet King
samiksha
9 years, 8 months ago by samiksha
Thnx u helped me out
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
9 years, 8 months ago by TFK19
Yep no problem 🙂
irocks321
Bracelet King
irocks321
9 years, 8 months ago by irocks321
What is the different technique?
LeslieG
Bracelet King
LeslieG
9 years, 8 months ago by LeslieG
Yeah, what is it? ^
blueisbest
Bracelet King
blueisbest
9 years, 8 months ago by blueisbest
Sorry to disagree, but I have had a lot of problems with Prism brand. I have had several skeins break from multiple packs of thread. The most recent pack I bought is quite noticeably dryer and stiffer than cotton thread should be. It is rough on your hands and is breaking even more often than usual. Sure, its one bad pack, but in general I still have more trouble with Prism brand.
polkadotty
Bracelet King
polkadotty
9 years, 8 months ago by polkadotty
Yeah I agree the last prism pack I got for my birthday had the little paper tags that wrap around the skeins stuck on the string because it was glued on somehow. It's never happened to me before, but with experience I generally stick to dmc or sometimes loops and threads.
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
@polkadotty @blueisbest actually I wasn't saying that certain BRANDS can cause problems, I was talking about what KIND of thread, like craft thread vs embroidery floss. And yea if you buy really cheap thread you're gonna have probs but it's not becuz it's craft thread (or embroidery floss, whatever you use). 🙂
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
@irocks321 @LeslieG with regular embroidery floss you can't tie the knots as tightly as with craft thread. Trying to tie embroidery floss too tight can cause holes in your bracelet and you can actually rip the string sometimes... I've learned from experience.. Haha 🙂
LeslieG
Bracelet King
LeslieG
9 years, 8 months ago by LeslieG
@blueisbest @polkadotty I always use Prism and the only colors that break for me are white and black. It probably has something to do with the dye.
polkadotty
Bracelet King
polkadotty
9 years, 8 months ago by polkadotty
@LeslieG I think I just got a pack of bad string. I'm not sure it only happened once, but I don't want to waste my money on it again.
xIka-kanx
Advanced
xIka-kanx
9 years, 8 months ago by xIka-kanx
@TFK19 Yes,I do agree with you,it doesn't matter which thread you use.Ive been using a yarn over a month and I never had problems whatsoever.