my thread box
Meggieb18
Professional
Meggieb18
3 years, 9 months ago by Meggieb18
Hi! My thread box is getting really messy!!! Does anyone have any tips on how to keep it tidy? 😂 thanks ☺️
zero_knots
Professional
zero_knots
3 years, 9 months ago by zero_knots
i personally keep my threads in bead boxes, wound around bobbins (plastic, so i can reuse them over and over again), but i do have a lot of extra threads, to which i usually keep the extra in ziplock bags, organized by color so its easy to find them, but if i take some skeins to use then ill wind them on bobbins and put them with the other ones on bobbins in the bead boxes so they dont get tangled up with the rest of them - idk if this helped but i hope it does 😊
Cirivere
Bracelet King
Cirivere
3 years, 9 months ago by Cirivere
I tend to wrap embroidery threads on bobbins in an embroidery thread case, even when i havent used them yet. you can buy those type of cases at craft store or order them online (even on aliexexpress ect)

for crocheting yarns I put them in a big box in rows (so like i make sure to not trow them in the boxt ramdonly)
Meggieb18
Professional
Meggieb18
Thanks @Cirivere and @zero_knots I use bobbins too - I find they help too 😅
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
3 years, 9 months ago by chkntaters
@zero_knots Where do you purchase your plastic bobbins? I have a few but I received them as a gift like a million years ago and I have no idea where they came from. I would really like to get some more, they work really well.
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 9 months ago by beaumont
i suggest using a beadbox and bobbins and my scrap threads i wind up and put them in a sperate bead box
Meggieb18
Professional
Meggieb18
Thank you 😅
zero_knots
Professional
zero_knots
3 years, 9 months ago by zero_knots
@chkntaters i get my bobbins (specifically the plastic ones) from Michaels, but im sure you could probably order them online as well 🙂
bluemoona
Bracelet King
bluemoona
3 years, 9 months ago by bluemoona
i use a plastic sorter box ,and plastic bags
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
@zero_knots Awesome! Thank you!
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 9 months ago by beaumont
I like to use like a beadbox and then bobbins make a big difference. And then I will also sort it by colors like 2 section for red two orange and so on
nandini-_r
Bracelet King
nandini-_r
3 years, 9 months ago by nandini-_r
i buy 2 packs of i kind and then i wind 1 pack around the bobbins and i use that one then once they finish i wind the other pack around them and i go buy one more pack so i keep bying a pack a pack once 1 pack finishes so i always have have 2 packs cause then i wind the pack which i did not wind before ( i dunno if this helping on keeping it neat but yaa) i hope u understood this
nandini-_r
Bracelet King
nandini-_r
3 years, 9 months ago by nandini-_r
1 ,sorry
Crafter012
Skiller
Crafter012
3 years, 9 months ago by Crafter012
I would wrap most embroidery thread on bobbins(plastic bobbins that you can get at places at like hobby lobby , ETC) but if it’s one of the weird embroidery threads that don’t look the same to normal(Metallic threads if what I’m talking about) I keep them in the large slot in my bracelet box
Crafter012
Skiller
Crafter012
@chkntaters I buy them at hobby lobby
yaytoast29
Bracelet King
yaytoast29
3 years, 9 months ago by yaytoast29
I sorted mine out into color. There’s one color per bag (I don’t have bobbins or a box). Since there’s less string in beach, it’s less messy and it’s easier to find the colors that I need! Also making sure to like wrap up the string (like around your fingers) after using it prevents tangling
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
@Crafter012 Ah, unfortunately we don't have Hobby Lobby where I'm from.
rubisaa11
Bracelet King
rubisaa11
3 years, 9 months ago by rubisaa11
What I do with my threads is I keep my new ones sorted by color and tied with my old rainbow loom bands in its own separate box. If I take a new skein of floss from that box and have any leftover string, I wind it up onto a bobbin and put it in a separate organizer. This might not work for everyone but it works for me! 😊
aashini
Bracelet King
aashini
3 years, 9 months ago by aashini
Try to use bobbins! They help a lot
Crafter012
Skiller
Crafter012
@chkntaters if you have Micheals go there they would most likely have them if they are not out of stock ,one of my Micheals was fully out of stock even in the back so I went to a different Micheals and they had them