Alpha Help?
KnotCrazy
Bracelet King
KnotCrazy
9ย years, 10ย months ago by KnotCrazy
Okay, I a in a predicament. I have about three or four bracelets that I need to make for people, either for swaps, custom orders, or for birthday presents. AND they are ALL alphas, which are BY FAR my weak point. So, what I was wondering is this.

1: does anyone have any general tips on how to tie alphas faster, and make it look better, and not all crooked.

2: does anyone have any tips on not getting sore red swollen fingers from only working on them for ONE HOUR?

Any help is appreciated!! ๐Ÿ™‚
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
9ย years, 10ย months ago by TFK19
For 1: I'm not really sure how I got fast at it i think I just picked it up and for making it not crooked... Whenever I make an alpha, even a 2 color alpha, I only tie with one string of each color... So you know how like you use one really long string to tie the background? Well I use a long string to do the design part too. I just tie all my knots onto like 10 inch strings (I don't use those stings for anything except tying onto). I found this makes mine more straight. Hope that made sense!
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
9ย years, 10ย months ago by TFK19
For 2: if your fingers are getting sore it's possible that your skin is dry. Try using some hand lotion before you work on a bracelet. Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚
Margaron
Margaron
9ย years, 10ย months ago by Margaron
I don't know about faster, but for straightness you can do a few things. 1: do a couple rows of just a plain background colour, this will mean you start your pattern with a nicer, straighter beginning. 2: use a clip board and tie your knots flush to the clip, again, this will make your first line straight and make your future rows straighter 3: push your rows up with a ruler 4: make sure you're using string that all has the same amount of strands.