Massive Alpha Problem
Tala
Advanced
Tala
9ย years, 11ย months ago by Tala
Hi
I wanted to make an 84 string alpha pattern and I have bought all the string and the wooden dowel for it. I was planning on using this thin wool for the base strings as I have seen done before. How long should I cut my base strings? Thanks for the help x
Tala
Advanced
Tala
The pattern number is:#12952
SBilbrey
Bracelet King
SBilbrey
9ย years, 11ย months ago by SBilbrey
Here's how I would do it, and forgive me if I get wordy. First, if you're going to do the pattern exactly as it's designed, you only need 64 base strings. Since you're attaching them to a dowel rod, I assume you're going to use the lark's head knot. If you're doing it that way, you only need to cut 32 base strings. Based on all that, I would cut 32 strings at 2 feet long. That will give you 64 base strings at one foot each. Depending on how tight you tie your knots, the pattern will end up being 5.5 to 7 inche long. Foot long base strings should be plenty. Just make sure that you're using the substitution method, so you don't have to tie any knots with your base strings. That will also keep your base strings all the same length. I hope that helps! And sorry I got so wordy!
Tala
Advanced
Tala
Thank you so much SBilbrey! This helped a lot and it's ok I like wordy things ๐Ÿ˜‰