knots
msm2340
Advanced
msm2340
10ย years, 2ย months ago by msm2340
How do you make your knots go straight and not going left or right. Please help me this really bother me!
SBilbrey
Bracelet King
SBilbrey
10ย years, 1ย month ago by SBilbrey
What are you trying to work on? If you're trying to wrap your strings for a starting loop/bracelet buckle, you do it almost like the Chinese staircase. With the Chinese staircase, you do a series of all forward or all backward knots. That's what creates the spiral look. If you're trying to avoid the spiral look, then tie all forward-backward knots. That will keep your knots in a straight line. I hope that helps!
msm2340
Advanced
msm2340
10ย years, 1ย month ago by msm2340
I'm working on #12001 it's almost like sloping you kno on writing the slope left then right I you know what I mean SBilbrey
SBilbrey
Bracelet King
SBilbrey
10ย years, 1ย month ago by SBilbrey
Okay, I think I know what the problem is. I had a similar problem when I started doing 2-colored alphas. When it came time to do the black backward knot on the white forward row, it always felt like I couldn't get the knot close enough to the one before it. The only thing that fixed it for me was to change how I tied my bracelets. Instead of the basic, two-colored alpha method, I started doing the knotter-string substitution. It's the method you use for tying multi-colored alphas. If you don't know how to do that tying method, check the tutorial section. Adik's multi-colored alpha tutorial is really helpful. But I like tying them this way better. It keeps all the knots in a row going in the same direction, that sloping goes away, and it's easier to push/nudge knots up into the right place. It also saves on string! Because your base strings will never be seen, you can save your black and use long enough scrap of any color as your base strings. I hope that makes enough sense, and I hope that helps for you!