strings keep breaking?!
Ki_Love_18
Bracelet King
Ki_Love_18
10 years, 2 months ago by Ki_Love_18
Ok, so I've had two bracelets that have had strings break....I don't know if I'm being too rough with them or something, but I'm going crazy.
SBilbrey
Bracelet King
SBilbrey
10 years, 2 months ago by SBilbrey
What kind of string are you using? I've heard that craft thread or craft cord can be weak and brittle, making it break easily. First, make sure you're using quality string. I use DMC brand embroidery floss, and I've never had problems with that brand. It almost never breaks. You can find it at your local craft store (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn Fabrics), and Walmart carries the brand too. Second, make sure you're not tying your knots too tight. Pulling your strings too hard or tying your knots too tight will make strings break.
Ki_Love_18
Bracelet King
Ki_Love_18
10 years, 2 months ago by Ki_Love_18
I buy my embroidery floss from Walmart...I may have just been having a bad day and not watching how I was tying
gymnast31
Bracelet King
gymnast31
10 years, 1 month ago by gymnast31
@Ki_Love_18 my strings used to break all the time! I used embroidery floss, i'm pretty sure it was because i pulled to hard, if you don't pull to hard they shouldn't break!
Ki_Love_18
Bracelet King
Ki_Love_18
10 years, 1 month ago by Ki_Love_18
Ok, thanks gymnast31
Margaron
Margaron
10 years, 1 month ago by Margaron
The wal mart here only sells craft string now, but I seem to recall them selling the same kind my michael's does now in the large combination packs. Prism I believe? I haven't had any problems with it, but I have found that if I buy embroidery floss from the dollar store it breaks easy, like the craft string. :/