Endings
falling
Professional
falling
10 years, 3 months ago by falling
My bracelets always fall off my wrist at some point, because the ends are just tied together, no braid, no nothing. When I do it that way I can't take it off when I want to. Is there a way where I can take it on and off and it and it won't slip? I also don't want to have pieces of braids or string left over to be in the way. Thanks!
CraftyMads
Professional
CraftyMads
10 years, 3 months ago by CraftyMads
I usually make an unusable knot where you can pull the ends of the string and the bracelet gets tighter. Then when you try to pull it off it gets loose and you can pull it off.
CraftyMads
Professional
CraftyMads
10 years, 3 months ago by CraftyMads
There should be a video on you tube for the adjustable knot
Margaron
Margaron
10 years, 3 months ago by Margaron
I do a loop at the top of my bracelet with straight knots (like Chinese staircase but do a forwards then backwards etc.) and at the end of my bracelet I split my strings into two groups, I do square knots for about six knots on both groups. I then bring my strings together and square knot all of them until the tail reaches the starting loop and back to the 'hole' at the end we made. Tie in a large knot at the end clip your strings. To wear the bracelet put the knot through the hole at the bottom of the bracelet and then pass back through the top loop and the knit should hold your bracelet in place. 🙂 sorry for the novel lol
SBilbrey
Bracelet King
SBilbrey
10 years, 3 months ago by SBilbrey
You can also try the button clasp. You make the reinforced loop, tying straight knots or square knots (your choice, I use straight knots) over the middle of your strings, then fold your strings in half. That'll give you one sturdy, solid loop. Then, when you get to the end of your pattern, instead of braiding the ends, tie a button into your bracelet. I know I didn't explain that very well, but I think there's a tutorial for the button clasp in the tutorial section. You can find other tutorials for it online too.
silverfire
Bracelet King
silverfire
10 years, 3 months ago by silverfire
I just make it big enough to slip on and off but that's my preference, when I'm making for others I put in the effort to make braid ends
Jochua
Bracelet King
Jochua
10 years, 3 months ago by Jochua
When I don't want anything hanging from my wrist, this is what I do: I make a loop at the beginning, make the bracelet long enough to fit aroung my wrist and then I put a button, being sure that it passes through the loop hole😉
LeDanielle
Advanced
LeDanielle
10 years, 3 months ago by LeDanielle
I have this one alpha pattern that I plan to add a ribbon clamp to, I just need chain.
LeDanielle
Advanced
LeDanielle
10 years, 3 months ago by LeDanielle
Um yeah, Ribbon clamp
HeavenSent
Bracelet King
HeavenSent
10 years, 3 months ago by HeavenSent
I make a loop at the top,when i finish the bracelet I braid the strings to the right length so its the right size to fit my wrist.I then put a button on the end tie so the button stays in place.so u can put the button through the loop so u can take it on and off.
I also make a loop at the top,braid the end of the bracelet and tie it.
I also braid both ends,place them together and do a chinese stairchase like a couple i usually do 5.so u can pull the bracelet to the right size to get it on and off