Wonky Alpha Knots
starraptor
Advanced
starraptor
4ย years ago by starraptor
Hi, I recently made my first alpha, but the knots that I made didn't follow a straight line. They were all wonky and made the pattern look like the ripple effect was used on it. One row of knots is leaning left and the other is leaning right. Any suggestions for how to fix this? Thank you so much ๐Ÿ˜Š
JocelynH
Bracelet King
JocelynH
4ย years ago by JocelynH
You could use the straight edges technique. Masha knots on YouTube has some helpful tutorials
knottahti
knottahti
4ย years ago by knottahti
the leaning is normal because of the nature of forward and backward knots. but as for having a ripple effect, make sure all of your strings have the same or similar thickness
wildcat253
Bracelet King
wildcat253
4ย years ago by wildcat253
I like to push my knots that are leaning down up with my nail. It actually really helps!
starraptor
Advanced
starraptor
4ย years ago by starraptor
I do use the straight edges technique and the string that I use is the same brand. I have a picture up on my account now if that helps? Other than that thanks for the advice guys! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
4ย years ago by Shelly2121
It can be wonky too if the knots are iconsistent, so try evening the knots you make.
knotmyname
Bracelet King
knotmyname
4ย years ago by knotmyname
@wildcat253 Agreed! Pushing the knots into place is so helpful!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4ย years ago by halokiwi
I think your bracelet looks great! It's completely normal that the knots lean a bit in the direction you're knotting.
Tango27
Bracelet King
Tango27
4ย years ago by Tango27
That happens to me too!