how to replace a broken base string in an Alpha?
_Bunny_
Bracelet King
_Bunny_
4 years, 1 month ago by _Bunny_
This is one of my first Alphas in a long time and I kept making a lot of mistakes and having to undo a lot of knots. I think that might have weakened some of my strings because one of the base strings snapped. Is there any way to replace it or do I have to start over?
allierae54
Bracelet King
allierae54
4 years, 1 month ago by allierae54
So I've never had that problem before but I heard that masha knots has a video on how to do it
knottahti
knottahti
4 years, 1 month ago by knottahti
you can tape it down and add it very similarly to adding leading strings! or tie it in to where it broke 🙂
_Bunny_
Bracelet King
_Bunny_
@knottahi so do I just tape it down behind my bracelet then knot on it like normal or is there any extra steps?
fire_flies
Bracelet King
fire_flies
4 years, 1 month ago by fire_flies
If you tape it behind the bracelet and lie it next to the broken string then knot onto it (very carefully) instead of the broken string and then finish the rest of the row like normal leaving the broken string out behind the bracelet. It will probably take a few rows to feel secure but as long as your slow/careful when knotting around it then it should be invisible from the front xx
knottahti
knottahti
4 years, 1 month ago by knottahti
yes, like @fire_flies said you have to be very very careful for the next few rows until it seems secure
amelie3435
Professional
amelie3435
4 years, 1 month ago by amelie3435
watch mashaknots "how to fix bracelets mistakes" video. She explain how to add a string for exemple if you break one
_Bunny_
Bracelet King
_Bunny_
Okay thank you guys for all tour help I did what @knottahi and @fire_flies suggested and so far it looks food. Thanks a lot 👍👍👍 🙂