Transitioning Colors
lemondrink
Bracelet King
lemondrink
4 years, 1 month ago by lemondrink
When you did your first alpha, did anyone have problems transitioning colors? I do and does anyone have any tips on changing colors on an alpha?
ally_love
Professional
ally_love
4 years, 1 month ago by ally_love
Well I did, and my word of advice is to o
ally_love
Professional
ally_love
4 years, 1 month ago by ally_love
To make sure it is tight and spread out with ur attention on the pattern and on the bracelet
lemondrink
Bracelet King
lemondrink
Thank you!
StyleKnots
Bracelet King
StyleKnots
4 years, 1 month ago by StyleKnots
When I tie my knots, I put the short end of the knot on the string I added behind the bracelet until I can cut it shorter. To secure the string in place, I will continue to knot the next strands after the string where I added the new color.
adeltaa
Bracelet King
adeltaa
4 years, 1 month ago by adeltaa
I find the flat-alpha technique to be really helpful with changing colours. Masha Knots made a tutorial a couple of months ago on it. It also helps to make the alpha look less bumpy at the points where the colours switch. You don't want to pull too hard when you're changing strings, as that could mess up the tension. You also don't want it to be too loose, as you could potentially end up with holes. It takes practice, but it's really easy once you catch on.
lemondrink
Bracelet King
lemondrink
@adeltaa and @StyleKnots thank you so much!!! Your tips are really clear and I get it now. 🙂 👍 ❤️
mtelesco
Skiller
mtelesco
4 years, 1 month ago by mtelesco
If you know Masha Knots on YouTube she has a few videos about that kind of stuff and like 2 i think for knitting techniques. Hope this helped!