Bracelet becomes larger after a while and the strings
aimacrame
Advanced
aimacrame
4 years, 1 month ago by aimacrame
I dont know how to explain my problem without a photo but i need help! The beginning of the bracelet is narrow and then it becomes larger as I continue so after a while, the knots cease to be next to each other and they start to be away from each other. I cannot get the knots to be adjacent, so there are loose strings between the knots if you know what i mean 😢what causes this and how can i prevent it? thank you 🎉
Haka_yt
Bracelet King
Haka_yt
4 years, 1 month ago by Haka_yt
I find that as I go along I have to knot the strings at an angle, like if I’m doing a backward knot I put the bottom string with the end facing towards the middle and if is a forward knot facing out. I really hope this makes sense to you, it’s kind of confusing!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
You need to tie your knots tighter. You also need to pull less to the side of the bracelet while knotting if you did that. Always pull down or towards the inside of the bracelet.

You can make tighter knots by making sure the first half of your knot is tight before you do the second half of the knot. The second half of the knot will secure the knot in place.
aimacrame
Advanced
aimacrame
thank you people, i will try these 🎉 👍
beepboop_1
Skiller
beepboop_1
4 years, 1 month ago by beepboop_1
Try making the knots like the same throughout the bracelet like don't tie it too tight or too loose in some places. Tie them similarly. Idk if this helps but that's my advice 😊
lilhamster
Professional
lilhamster
4 years, 1 month ago by lilhamster
Make sure the first half of your knot is thighs anought the second half of the knot just secures it hope that helps
threadend
Bracelet King
threadend
4 years, 1 month ago by threadend
I should try and keep the knots the same tightness throughout the whole bracelet. If the knots aren't all the same size, it will slowly become wider. 🙂
aimacrame
Advanced
aimacrame
thank you all. i think i make all the knots at the same tightness because i'm not a rookie i've been making macrame for 9 years everyday! 🤪 😜 😇 though i will try to keep that in mind and try to make my knots even more even! the problem might be that i make them too tight. if the problem is solved i will let you guys know. thaank you all! 🎉 🎉
aimacrame
Advanced
aimacrame
btw, i normally work with waxed strings. what do you guys use? after having this problem with the waxed strings, i switched to wool and now i am not having any problems.
DBOE
Bracelet King
DBOE
4 years, 1 month ago by DBOE
I’m using all sorts of floss and craft cord (from DMC to J.&P. Coats, to Loops and Threads, etc.). But what helps you to a ‘consistent’ bracelet is wat @lilhamster said: Tie especially the first half of your knot tight together. But in general: tie tight!
cgrace270
Professional
cgrace270
4 years, 1 month ago by cgrace270
This could in part be due to the waxed string (you need to pull fairly right with wax) but it’s also just a general inconsistency in knotting. Just be sure you’re knotting with the same consistency! I tend to do this as well🙂
So_Knotty
Bracelet King
So_Knotty
4 years, 1 month ago by So_Knotty
Your knots are probably getting looser, try making them tighter and taking more breaks (doing to much at once can wear you out and then the knots get to loose)
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
4 years, 1 month ago by Shelly2121
Prism and dmc are good brands.
Btw, make sure not to pull too tightly on the knots cuz it can do this thing where both the knot color and base color are seen, it normally happens on the first knot. If it happens, just undo the knot.