Questions about Endings, String Length, etc
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
4 years, 1 month ago by Shelly2121
Hi! I have a few questions. Im really new to friendship bracelets with string...
1.How much extra string do i need to add if im gonna do braided ends?
2.Whats a crimp end and where can i find them?
3.How much more string should i use for thicker designs like if i use 1 meter of thread for 8-10 string bracelets how much do i add if im using12+ strings?

Id really appreciate it if someone helped me!
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
Hey, and welcome to the world of bracelets! ❤️
I'll try answer these as best as I can for you.

1. I tend to make my braids about between 1-2 inches, so I always add 4inches (braid for each side)
2. A crimp end is just a lil strip of metal with "teeth" that you can attach to each end of a bracelet (you'll have to start with a straight edge if you do this). You then attach jump rings so you can attach it to your wrist. It's just an alternative way to start/end bracelets, and makes them look professional. You can find them on Amazon, and possibly at craft stores.
3. I tend to make bracelets that are between 1-16 strings, and I find a wingspan with the added 4 inches that I said previous is enough. Of course it really depends on the pattern and the structure of knots as to how much string you may need. But so far doing it that way hasn't given me any issues with strings being too short. I always end up with string left over.

I hope this helped. 🙂
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
Oh I forgot to mention, if you're folding the strings (for doing loops) you'll need double the amount of string. 🙂
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
Thanks a lot! This will help me a lot will help
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
I'm glad! & You're welcome! 😊❤️
So_Knotty
Bracelet King
So_Knotty
4 years, 1 month ago by So_Knotty
3. The length doesn’t need to change
ashten
Bracelet King
ashten
4 years, 1 month ago by ashten
I tend to make 16 string bracelets with a loop and triangle braided ends. For me I use about a “wing span” of string and fold it over so that each working string is half that length. I always have enough if not excess and that has worked for me!
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
What do you mean wing span?
beepboop_1
Skiller
beepboop_1
4 years, 1 month ago by beepboop_1
@Shelly2121 I think it's how long the string is when you hold an end and like stretch your hands all the way out? I'm not sure
knottahti
knottahti
4 years, 1 month ago by knottahti
@Shelly2121 the average wingspan is about 5-6 feet, usually close to your height