How to start a bracelet from the middle?
Princesita
Professional
Princesita
10 years, 6 months ago by Princesita
When I make alpha bracelets I'm never sure how many rows to make so the letters look center. Does anyone know how to start a bracelet from the middle or how to know how many rows you have to make so the letters are center?
Farola
Bracelet King
Farola
10 years, 6 months ago by Farola
I always count the number of rows the eords are going to occupe. My bracelets usually are like 60 rows, so I rest the number of rows the words ocupe. I don´t know how to explain it, so i will do an example, imagine the words are 35 rows.
(60-35)%2= 12,5
So i would do 13+35+13
I hope someone can understand it lol
Princesita
Professional
Princesita
I sort of understood what you say. But for me, Im making this 19cm (7.5 inches) bracelet. The letters make up 23 rows. But i dont know how to center it 😲
SBilbrey
Bracelet King
SBilbrey
10 years, 6 months ago by SBilbrey
Farola uses the same method I do! Since your letters take up 23 rows, they will occupy about 2 inches. To make it 7.5 inches, you'll need to tie about 2.75 inches for the first side, then do your letters, then do another 2.75 inches. That's about 33 rows before and after the letters. So you'll do 33, 23, 33. I hope that helps!
Princesita
Professional
Princesita
Oh! Thanks I got it! So if I have to make a 5.5 in bracelet, and the letters make up 30 rows which will be about 2.5 inches (if my calculations are correct), then it will be:
1.5in, then 2.5in, then 1.5in
or
18 rows, then 30 rows, then 18 ??

@SBilbrey @Farola
SBilbrey
Bracelet King
SBilbrey
10 years, 6 months ago by SBilbrey
You got it! Based on my math, you've got it exactly right!
Princesita
Professional
Princesita
Yes! thank you :3😄😄😄
Farola
Bracelet King
Farola
10 years, 6 months ago by Farola
Im gald i helped, hahaha.
Sorry for my English, by the way :[
Princesita
Professional
Princesita
Is okay 🙂 once again ty! 😉
lyssjerfly
Professional
lyssjerfly
10 years, 6 months ago by lyssjerfly
I'm really glad I came across this, this is actually really helpful!
KotinKandy
Bracelet King
KotinKandy
10 years, 5 months ago by KotinKandy
exactly how many rows make up one inch?
lyssjerfly
Professional
lyssjerfly
10 years, 5 months ago by lyssjerfly
according to their math, it looks like an inch is about 12 rows.
SBilbrey
Bracelet King
SBilbrey
10 years, 5 months ago by SBilbrey
It actually depends on how you tie your knots. When I first started tying alphas, I had 12 rows in an inch. Now that I've done gotten a lot more practice, and my knots are much neater, I have 15 row to an inch. I don't think I'll get them any smaller, so I don't think you'll ever have more than 15 in an inch. But 12 to 15 is a nice guideline.
blueisbest
Bracelet King
blueisbest
10 years, 5 months ago by blueisbest
I just find it easier to measure by rows. A bracelet that wraps almost around my whole wrist is about 85-90 rows. If you look at my picture for #11797, the pattern is 24 rows and then I added 32 rows to each side which is 88 rows total. When I make bracelets for other people, I might do more or less rows, but having long ties on the end to fasten your bracelet is good just to be safe.