triangle ends for alphas
unicorn13
Professional
unicorn13
4 years, 1 month ago by unicorn13
Hi! I don’t know if this is already up here and if it is I’m sorry, but I’m trying to do the triangle ends for alphas where it is the two triangle like @claire_wears_spam on Instagram does, rather than the long one that looks like a giant V. Anybody know how to do this who can help me out? Thank you 🙂
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
4 years, 1 month ago by taelor
@unicorn13 so there are 2 ways that I know of doing it! The first way is how @clairehair does hers. So you would make 2 triangle ends like you would for a normal bracelet and then make knots with your base strings to fill the triangle Masha Knots on YouTube has a video on how to do it I think the video is something like how to make a teardrop loop on alphas and then you make the bracelet. You can also do 2 triangle ends still using the alpha knitting style. You need tho make the triangle ends like before and then you need your 1 long background string and a shorter one. Then you add in the long one on one side and the short one. Then you do the alpha inside the triangle end and then after you do the triangle you leave the short string out and continue going all the way across the bracelet with the longer thread to create the bracelet! You can see what I’m talking about in one of masha knots videos! I think it might be in an alpha tips video
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
@unicorn13 yes I just checked for the method @clairehair does it is the alpha teardrop loop video and the second one there isn’t a tutorial but you can see a bracelet with that method in the video 5 alpha life hacks by Masha Knots!
unicorn13
Professional
unicorn13
@taelor I was able to do the starting triangle ends like Claire does, but I can’t figure out how to do the ones at the bottom and I wanna do them the same way to keep them uniform. Do I do the same thing basically just in reverse do you think?
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
@unicorn13 I would think so.. I would split the strings like you did in the beginning and then making knots with the base strings to taper down on both sides into two triangles like you are doing a normal bracelet just with 2 triangle ends! Does that make sense?
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
So like you could knot the 2 ends in a chevron with the base strings to make it even
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
@Unicorn14 what pattern are you doing this for??
unicorn13
Professional
unicorn13
Pattern 22906! I’m find with doing things when there’s a tutorial or even a pattern to follow, but I’m very bad at trying off of a picture which is what I’ve been trying to do 😂