alpha shaped loop
srhamy28
Bracelet King
srhamy28
4 years, 1 month ago by srhamy28
I've tried making multiple alphas with triangle ends on either side of the loop, but it never turns out right. I make the triangle ends like a normal bracelet, then start the alpha at a straight row where I finish the triangles. whenever I start to tie the alpha, it doesn't look good. I wish I could attach a picture, but I can't. basically what happens is that the alpha sort of "shifts" from the triangle ends when I start tying it. starting off with the alpha, the leading string sort of pulls on the triangle end. and ending, the knot on the last base string is coming off of the triangle end, if that makes sense. I think it has something to do with the fact that I thread the leading string through the triangle end. because if I put it in the first position coming off of the triangle end, the first base string is second coming off the triangle, but the last base string is all the way at the end, not second from it. I know its possible to make the alpha come straight off the triangle ends, because I've seen people on instagram do it, but I've tried everything and I can't figure it out. please help me. if this makes no sense, look at my instagram to see what I'm talking about @simons_braceletss__ (I'm not trying to self promote I just really want to fix this because it really annoys me) I think its most apparent in the red panda and the gradient alpha, but it has happened every time I've tried doing it, and it really annoys me😠😔
wildcat253
Bracelet King
wildcat253
4 years, 1 month ago by wildcat253
When I do this, I sometimes don't put the base string directly into the start. I usually add in the leading string after creating the loop. I don't know if this helps, but you can look through my photos and see if mine aren't wonky? Idk I hope this helps. 😊
srhamy28
Bracelet King
srhamy28
4 years, 1 month ago by srhamy28
@wildcat253 so you don't put the leading string through the loop or triangle ends? does that make a "fray" at the beginning of your bracelet where you start knotting with the leading string because you have to cut it off?
wildcat253
Bracelet King
wildcat253
4 years, 1 month ago by wildcat253
I do a backward forward knot for the first knot on the left side so the string doesn't stick out, if that makes sense
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
There's a different technique for triangle ends you might want to try.

Let's say you have 12 base strings:
1) divide them into two parts with 6 strings each. Make a f knot with your leading string on each part (2 f knots)
2) put one string of each part in the middle. You've now got 2 groups with 5 strings each and 2 individual strings. Make a b knot on the groups and on the individual strings in the middle (4 knots in total)
3) in the following rows you take out 1 extra string per group per row. Each row there are two more knots you do. Continue doing this until you only have individual strings.

This wasn't a really good description but here's a video by MashaKnots on how to do it:
https://youtu.be/YsCCgZZvziQ