Name/Letter Bracelet Issues
sw1631
Advanced
sw1631
4 years, 1 month ago by sw1631
When I make name bracelets with letters such as L and K and U that require a full line (except for the edges) of the letter color, gradually the lettering knots get harder and harder to pull tight the further I go, and they end up being too loose, jutting out and ruining the entire row, making it more diagonal than straight. I never see anybody on Youtube with this issue, even with rows and rows of lettering theirs remains tight. Does anybody have a solution to this? I hope I described it well enough... sorry if it's sorta unclear
m3rmaidv
Professional
m3rmaidv
4 years, 1 month ago by m3rmaidv
I haven't made a lot of these, but what I do is after I've completed a knot, I flip the strings around, hold onto the base string I just knotted with, and pull up tight with the background thread to make sure it says closer to the previous row. This seems to work for me.

I hope this helps!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
Do you have that issue also with your background colour or just with your letter colour?

If you only have the issue with your letter colour I assume that you are using a technique where you use your base strings to make knots on the leading string to make the letters.

What might help is turn the bracelet by 90° so that the leading string you now make knots on points down. Hold the leading string tightly and pull it down. When you make a knot on it make sure the first half of the knot is tight before you do the second half.

If you don't want to turn your bracelet make sure you pull the leading string to the left or the right not down when you make knots with the basestrings onto it. Don't make the knots towards the left or the right, make them towards the bottom.

If you use a different technique I think I need more information to figure out where the issue is coming from. I hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
keeliaswaf
Professional
keeliaswaf
4 years, 1 month ago by keeliaswaf
I’ve struggled with this happening to me as well, what has helped me is when I am about to begin the row with a lot of knots consecutively, I tape down the row above it and when I tie the actual knots, the I gradually add more tension to each knot as I go