Adding string to base strings
MoraBerry
Professional
MoraBerry
4ย years, 1ย month ago by MoraBerry
Hi! Iโ€™m making an alpha pattern and some of my base strings are quite short, how can I add more and not ruin the design.
Thanks to anyone who can answer!
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4ย years, 1ย month ago by Someone_
One way to do it would be to tape new string behind the bracelet in line with the short strings, knot as normal and when you come to a point where you need to make a knot over a short string knot over both the short string and the new/longer string. You'll need to do a few rows of this to keep it stable, and generally the knots need to be a little tight. Once you've done a few rows, you can fold the old/short string back behind the bracelet and continue to knot as you normally would. When you are finished the bracelet you can then cut the loose strings off.
sodapop
Bracelet King
sodapop
4ย years, 1ย month ago by sodapop
Yes, I've done exactly what @Someone_ advised and it works well. I do add one more step though, just to add some stability (at least in my mind!) Before cutting the end away, I thread it through a needle and weave through the backside of some knots to hide/secure the string a bit more. I also do that with all my color changes to keep knots from coming unraveled if snipped too close to the bracelet.