ouch!
oddgymnast
Bracelet King
oddgymnast
4 years, 1 month ago by oddgymnast
My string is really rough against my fingers! I can’t make bracelets for long periods of time like I used to anymore! Does anyone have any tips for protecting my hands? ✨❤️🥳💝
KikiLilou
Bracelet King
KikiLilou
4 years, 1 month ago by KikiLilou
I would suggest using tape on your fingers when they're already hurt but you wanna make bracelets. Other than that you can use some soft cream on your fingers or try to pull the string different.
And don't pull the strings to tight. I had this problem and the skin on my fingers was completely open. So I stopped for a while and then started again without pulling the strings as tight as before. Now I have hard skin at the place I pull the string across 😂
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
I think your skin might be more sensitive currently because you're probably washing your hands a lot more often like most people do at the moment. My recommendation too would be to use handcreme.
myrthe_uwu
Advanced
myrthe_uwu
4 years, 1 month ago by myrthe_uwu
Maybe you can use band-aids at places where the strings rub against your fingers? I dont know if this will work since ive never had this problem before...
el526320
Bracelet King
el526320
4 years, 1 month ago by el526320
I have developed caluses over time. Before I did though, I put band aids around my finger. It helped a lot.
threadend
Bracelet King
threadend
4 years, 1 month ago by threadend
Well, there isn't really a way that i know of protecting yuor fingers but maybe u could wear a band aid. I dont know the type of string u r using but for the string i use, i put a band aid where i pull the string with if that makes any sense.😊
kat_r_s11
Bracelet King
kat_r_s11
4 years, 1 month ago by kat_r_s11
That happened to me too until about a week ago. I just used a band-aid and it worked fine for me. Now, it doesn't hurt to pull the thread tight since my fingers just got used to it.
lreileigh
Skiller
lreileigh
4 years, 1 month ago by lreileigh
I usually put a bandaid on the areas the string is rubbing. Eventually I develop a callus on the area after I’ve been knotting for a long period of time
cgrace270
Professional
cgrace270
4 years, 1 month ago by cgrace270
I use bandaids or blister pads on the areas that get a bit injured!
Basilology
Bracelet King
Basilology
4 years, 1 month ago by Basilology
I use medical tape or bandages and that seems to work well.