Alpha knots problem
MissAhna3
Skiller
MissAhna3
4ย years, 1ย month ago by MissAhna3
So whenever I try to make an alpha pattern, I notice that my pattern becomes very elongated. so like if the pattern had a circle in it, it would turn into an oval. I dont know if it is my tension or my thread, but ut seems to happen no matter what thread I use. Almost like the knots are more rectangular than square. Any tips to fix this?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4ย years, 1ย month ago by halokiwi
Your issue seems to be with how you make the knots rather than the string you use. Try to make your knots tighter and as close to the previous row as possible. To get a knot tight the first half of it is most important. The second half only secures the knot in place and you can't change anything about the tightness with it.

What can also help is carefully pushing your knots up after you made them if they are too long.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4ย years, 1ย month ago by Someone_
Also, most knots that people make are not perfectly square, like the grid pattern for Alpha's, so it's nothing that they know that you don't; its just how the knots are naturally. However, if its visible it could be you are making looser knots, so to solve that you simply knot a little tighter. You could also try to pull the base string straight down when you are knotting, and the leading string straight up when you are pulling the knot tight - this will make the knot sit much straighter and might alleviate some of the problem you are having with it it being elongated. Sometimes it also helps to wiggle, or stretch the base strings around a bit after a few rows as well as pushing the previous row up, just to get everything sitting right.
Other than that, it just comes down to practicing and working out your method of knotting, and what works for you and your way of knotting.
MissAhna3
Skiller
MissAhna3
4ย years, 1ย month ago by MissAhna3
Thanks!