Ending an alpha with triangles
kkaelynq
Bracelet King
kkaelynq
4 years, 1 month ago by kkaelynq
Does anyone know how to do the triangle ends on alphas like how Claire Hair does them? I understand the beginning, but I think the ending is similar yet different technique
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
It looks like the technique she is using is the same you'd use for triangle ends when you'd do a normal pattern.

Let's say you've got 6 strings (it's just an example). I've numbered the strings from 1 to 6 from left to right. Which knots you do doesn't really matter.

In the first row you do knots between string 1 and 2, 3 and 4,5 and 6
In the second row you do knots between string 2 and 3,4 and 5
In the third row you do knots between string 3 and 4

Now you've got a triangle shape with 3 knots in the first, 2 knots in the second and 1 knot in the third row.

Now you've still got strings sticking out to the side. There are three strings on the left and three on the right.

I number the strings from top to bottom 1 to 3 on each side.

On the left side you take string 2 and do a b knot with it onto string 1. Then you take string 3 and do a b knot on string 1 and 2 at once. If you had more strings you'd continue like this and always do b knots onto all previous strings together.

On the right side you do the same thing with f knots instead of b knots.

I hope that makes sense and is the technique you had in mind.
afc610
Bracelet King
afc610
4 years, 1 month ago by afc610
@halokiwi I was actually wandering about that but now I know! Thanks😊
kkaelynq
Bracelet King
kkaelynq
4 years, 1 month ago by kkaelynq
@halokiwi Thank you for this! I'm trying it now!
stacey_135
Bracelet King
stacey_135
4 years, 1 month ago by stacey_135
Personally I like to do normal triangle ends on alphas which masha knots has a tutorial and I think she has one on alpha triangle ends 🙂
ambioletto
Skiller
ambioletto
4 years, 1 month ago by ambioletto
Alex's Innovations has a good video on it, it's how I learned to do it.