strings Break
DagenRae
Advanced
DagenRae
4 years, 1 month ago by DagenRae
What do I do if my strings snap off and how can I avoid that. All my bracelets have had strings breaking off like crazy!
Sarah246
Bracelet King
Sarah246
4 years, 1 month ago by Sarah246
What type of string are you using? I recommend embroidery floss, I use Prism or DMC. Also, maybe try not pulling as hard on your strings. However, it might not be your fault, some brands of string aren’t super great quality and tend to snap. 😊
DagenRae
Advanced
DagenRae
@Sarah246 thank you!
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
To avoid the string snapping as well as what has already been mentioned, try tying the knots as far up the string as possible; as strings rubbing against each other a lot tends to cause the problem for them fraying and then eventually snapping off.
To replace the broken string, if the bit that's still attached to the bracelet is short, cut a new piece of string of that colour and you can tape it at the back of the bracelet and add it in like you would with an Alpha. If the part that's broken is not too short for a more stable finish, you could again tape a new piece of string at the back of the bracelet, and make a knot on both the old and new string, and then you can fold the old string back behind the bracelet. Once you completed the bracelet you can go back and cut that tail off.
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years, 1 month ago by unicorns14
U might be pulling too hard, or your string is just to thin. I noticed that prism tends to rip easily, so if that is the floss you are using you might want to try a different brand.
BITTY23
Bracelet King
BITTY23
4 years, 1 month ago by BITTY23
I think Masha knots and craftanatic have a video on YouTube about that.
DagenRae
Advanced
DagenRae
Thank you @BITTY23 , @unicorns14 , and @Someone_
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
You're welcome!😊❤