knots look wrong on alpha
Romy4
Bracelet King
Romy4
4 years, 1 month ago by Romy4
My knots look diagonal instead of squares in my alphas which makes the whole patterns look wonky. Am I using the wrong thread or doing something wrong because my knots are correct. Thanks for any help.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
I'm not sure but your thread might be to thick or soft. Or you might not pull your knots enough to the top.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
You could be either tying your knots too tight or too loose. Or you could also be pulling the strings (when making the knots) in a way which makes the knots to tilt; If you think of it as a clock, and hold the base strings straight down in the 6o'clock position, and pull the leading string in the 12o'clock position (when making your knot) it will help to get them straighter.
Romy4
Bracelet King
Romy4
@halokiwi @Someone_ Thanks I’ll try to pull my knots tighter to the top. I think my thread is quite thick as well. How do I know when buying online that it’s thin enough?
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
There should be something in the description of the product that states the size. What kind of thread are you using?
For a reference for you though, if you're using crochet thread the best size for bracelets its Size 5, and if you're using yarn Sport Yarn or some Double Knitted yarns are the best and are not too thick.
Romy4
Bracelet King
Romy4
Thanks for the tips but my thread is in a box from amazon. They are all wrapped onto plastic bobbin things and I can’t find anything that says the size on amazon or the box. Thanks anyway as I will use that in the future when buying some.