my bracelets are leaning left!
aronj
Bracelet King
aronj
4 years, 1 month ago by aronj
hey all! i’ve been finding that my larger (22+ strings) bracelets have been leaning to the left does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? thanks in advance💕
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
It could just be a matter of tension, if your tension changes the bracelet is going be askew. Likewise if your forward knots are tighter than your backward knots or vice versa. The only way to really fix this is to make sure you have a consistent tension. Sometimes pulling the strings back and forth gently will help if it's not too curled.
Sometimes the way the pattern itself is made will cause the bracelet to be slightly askew because it may have too many knots going in one direction (like with a candystripe), if this is the case with the pattern you are doing, the straight edges technique will help solve it.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
It might sound stupid but when working on the bracelet try to keep it straight. Try not to pull it to the side. If you realise you're pulling to one side you could try to turn your clipboard or whatever you use to secure your bracelet a bit in that direction so you're pulling straight again.
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years, 1 month ago by unicorns14
You might be tying your knots too tight. That sometimes makes your bracelets lean to the side.
stacey_135
Bracelet King
stacey_135
4 years, 1 month ago by stacey_135
For bracelets where the knots are all or mainly forward/backwards it will naturally lean in that direction I think 🤔🙂