Base String Length
slinnevers
Advanced
slinnevers
4 years, 1 month ago by slinnevers
I am making an anklet that needs to be 9 inches long once completed. This is much longer than the average wingspan metric. How long do you think the strings should be if the pattern has 6-8 strings? Thank you!
AwesomeGrl
Bracelet King
AwesomeGrl
4 years, 1 month ago by AwesomeGrl
Is this a normal or alpha?
AwesomeGrl
Bracelet King
AwesomeGrl
4 years, 1 month ago by AwesomeGrl
For alpha you would measure:
Length of finished alpha + length of ties on either side. I also like to add a couple of cm/in just to be safe.

You cut each of your strings that length, and you can just do this for one of them and for the rest just measure of that one.

Hope this helps! 🙂
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
How long do you usually cut your strings, and how long of a bracelet do you usually do? You could take that measurement you usually do, and add half a wingspan onto that.
knotsbybre
Skiller
knotsbybre
4 years, 1 month ago by knotsbybre
If this is a regular anklet, I would go around whoever ankle its going on three times, and that should be around the length of each piece of string.
slinnevers
Advanced
slinnevers
4 years, 1 month ago by slinnevers
Yes these are very helpful. It will most likely be a normal pattern, and I usually make about 5 1/2 inch bracelets.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
I reckon a wingspan and a half should be more than enough; you could then make and keep note of how much string there's left over to determine how much string you need for the next time you make an anklet.
So_Knotty
Bracelet King
So_Knotty
4 years, 1 month ago by So_Knotty
Base strings so an Alpha? If it is ties+Anklet length(9 inches)=Base string length