Gaps between half-triangle end and start of pattern
Brenna2020
Advanced
Brenna2020
4 years, 1 month ago by Brenna2020
I have been tying half-triangle ends on my bracelets, but always end up with a gap between where the pattern starts and where the ties start. Is there a way to avoid this?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
What exactly do you mean by "half-triangle ends"? Are they different from triangle ends? At the moment I can't imagine what your exact issue is.

Usually when there are gaps it means that you didn't make the knots close enough to the top. To do that when doing the first half of the knot you need to pull it as far to the top as possible. When doing the second half of the knot you have to be careful and keep pull on the string so the first half doesn't slip down. The second half of your knot secures it in place.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 1 month ago by Someone_
I think I know what you mean (I may be wrong), as this used to happen to me when I would do Triangle Ends. I spoke to other people about it and they told me a tip. Basically, after you make the last knot for the triangle end, rather than go straight to do the tie, you make a knot over all the strings in that cluster, and then do the ties. This makes the triangle (in my opinion, after doing it) more sturdy at the top/bottom.
queeenB_Xx
Bracelet King
queeenB_Xx
4 years, 1 month ago by queeenB_Xx
I have the same problem with normal triangle ends! Normally I just pull the strings tighter but somethings that doesn’t work 🥺 you could try a different type of tie (plaited, fish tale or twisted) or u could put a knot before the ties (personally I don’t think it looks as neat but it works) whatever works best for u xx
So_Knotty
Bracelet King
So_Knotty
4 years, 1 month ago by So_Knotty
I think the knots aren’t tight enough there? I’m not really sure.