Skin wearing down
chloexnau
Bracelet King
chloexnau
4 years, 1 month ago by chloexnau
help! i made a bracelet and my skin by my knuckle wore down and now it's bleeding. is there a way to prevent this?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
You could try pulling less hard. You can still do tight knots. The tightness of your knots is determined by the first half of your knot. Try to pull it as far to the top as possible. The second half only secures the knot in place.
Pippa
Bracelet King
Pippa
4 years, 1 month ago by Pippa
You could put a bandaid where it bleeds
So_Knotty
Bracelet King
So_Knotty
4 years, 1 month ago by So_Knotty
Your skin might be too dry, try applying lotion often
_haileyom_
Bracelet King
_haileyom_
4 years, 1 month ago by _haileyom_
Maybe you’re wearing your bracelets too tight.
Dogabc6
Professional
Dogabc6
4 years, 1 month ago by Dogabc6
That happens to me sometimes. 😢 I usually stop making the bracelet for a little while, or try tying my knots looser.
KikiLilou
Bracelet King
KikiLilou
4 years, 1 month ago by KikiLilou
I had that problem too. I put bandaids on my fingers and stopped knotting for a day so that it wont hurt anymore. The next day I could knot again with tape on my fingers. Now I don't have that problem anymore because I already have hard skin at the places I pull my strings with😂
Phoenix14
Bracelet King
Phoenix14
4 years, 1 month ago by Phoenix14
that‘s happened to me too! i would say bandaids are the best prevention. putting some lotion on the spot might help as well
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 1 month ago by Margaron
Now that it’s injured skin I’d give it a day or two. Maybe put some polysporin on it and a band aid and give it a break. Once it’s good enough to start tying again use a super moisturizing hand cream and use it frequently until your skin toughens up a bit there. It may still ache a bit but most of the soreness is because you’re rubbing the skin raw. I use Charity Pot from LUSH, it’s a little greasy but super moisturizing otherwise Aveeno is great as well.
chloexnau
Bracelet King
chloexnau
4 years, 1 month ago by chloexnau
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll be sure to use them 🙂
kmonkey
Professional
kmonkey
4 years, 1 month ago by kmonkey
I find that a band aid causes me to lose the grip on the string, so I just started tying my knots in a different way so that the string goes against a tougher piece of skin, and I haven’t had any problems since