Cutting strings off alpha backs
smplyjedi
Bracelet King
smplyjedi
1 week, 6 days ago by smplyjedi
So I like making alphas a lot more than normals, but I’m too scared to cut off the extra string at the back. I’m afraid knots might undo or something would pull on them.

Does anyone know if their alphas hurt/ruined in any way if you cut off the back strings? I usually knot them and they end up looking bulky at the back.

If anyone knows any other ways to fix or if just cutting them off is fine please lmk!

Thank y’all : )
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1 week, 6 days ago by kpn
It didn't hurt mine, but I certainly prefer to tie all the extra strings together instead of just snip. You can also use the 'Clean Back Alpha' tutorial @mjlgvw and avoid this problem altogether (:
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 week, 6 days ago by halokiwi
I cut the strings, but I don't do many alphas, so I'm not that experienced. I was scared too in the beginning, but nothing has happened so far.
I personally would only do it when using the flat alpha technique, because it gives an extra level of security, but it's probably also fine, if you don't use the flat alpha technique.
I think lots of people cut their strings.
LittenGirl
Bracelet King
LittenGirl
1 week, 6 days ago by LittenGirl
I've never tried knotting the extra strings, I usually cut them, then use glue to secure the backs of the bracelets. The knots have never started coming undone, and I wear my bracelets. They might be a bit stiff, but they get flimsy with time! ❤️ Hope this helps!
smplyjedi
Bracelet King
smplyjedi
1 week, 6 days ago by smplyjedi
@kpn @halokiwi @LittenGirl thank you guys so much 🙏
I’m wayy to scared to cut them so I kinda needed some reassurance 😭😂
ningc98
Bracelet King
ningc98
1 week, 6 days ago by ningc98
honestly idk what to do with those kinds of alphas, bc i always do clean back, which ensures that the string ends are really secure. i recommend it! like @kpn said, @mjlgvw has a tutorial on it.
karalee98
Bracelet King
karalee98
1 week, 5 days ago by karalee98
So I do all my alphas now as keychains because I recently started making for a little extra money. And it’s extra steps but i snip all the strings and then secure with fabric glue. It works better then clear mail polish in my opinion.
karalee98
Bracelet King
karalee98
1 week, 5 days ago by karalee98
Also just to make them look nicer and more esthetic I hand sew felt on the backs after snipping and gluing. It makes it thicker and just looks nicer. I’m sure the same would be nice with actual bracelets and not just with the keychains. It’s extra work for sure but I think the finished product looks nicer.