Straight edge technique
artsforbre
Skiller
artsforbre
2ย weeks, 1ย day ago by artsforbre
I'm having a hard time with the straight edge technique and fb bf knots on the edges in general.
I don't know why but these knots look so bumpy on the edges of my bracelets and I can't figure out why. Are there any tutorials that actually show how to make fb bf knots on the edges properly?
Any tips and suggestions will be appreciated.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
2ย weeks, 1ย day ago by halokiwi
Is there a photo on your profile where this is visible? It might be easier to see where the issue is then.

Based on the photos I looked at, I could tell that you seem to leave lots of loose string between the strings when making borders (not straight edges). Not sure, if that is what you are unhappy about.

I'm not sure, if I saw one with the straight edges technique, but in one where you had lots of bf knots on the left edge and fb knots on the right edge, it seemed like the string at the edge that you tied around was poking out a bit. That's completely normal, but you could also try to make the knots closer together here, so that it's not visible anymore.
artsforbre
Skiller
artsforbre
2ย weeks, 1ย day ago by artsforbre
@halokiwi I guess it's mostly when I do border and fb bf knots and it's a bit better when I do alphas with the straight edge technique. You're right it does look like there's a lot of loose string but I thought I make my knots very tight on the edges yet they look loose for some reason. Maybe the way I make them is wrong? Idk ๐Ÿ˜… unfortunately I don't have any more photos at the moment