when to end bracelets
zoeydinho
Advanced
zoeydinho
3ย weeks, 6ย days ago by zoeydinho
ok i feel like this is a stupid question ๐Ÿ˜ญ but is there like a rule of thumb on when to call it a day and end ur bracelet ? I always feel like I make them too short but I donโ€™t want to run out of string to tie braids to end them
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3ย weeks, 6ย days ago by halokiwi
I follow two rules:
- I make them long enough to fit around my wrist
- if I run out of string earlier (and I'm too lazy to add new one), I end them when the left over strings are still long enough for ties

You also have to consider that at some points of the pattern it might look weird to stop, so I always stop before them, if the bracelet would otherwise get too long or I would run out of string.
wiland
Bracelet King
wiland
3ย weeks, 6ย days ago by wiland
If you're just worried about string length, then it kinda depends on how long you like your ties. I usually figure about 2 inches of string for every 1 inch of tie, plus about one additional inch overall. So if you like your ties about 3 inches, then I would stop knotting with at least 7 inches of string left.
anne7
Professional
anne7
3ย weeks, 5ย days ago by anne7
I get a bunch of cheap bulk basic color string for my base strings (this is for alphas) so I can make the base strings super long without worrying. I usually make bracelets between 6 and 7 inches. Usually 70 rows works really well