String thickness
unique_ly
Bracelet King
unique_ly
4ย weeks ago by unique_ly
I've heard that strings of different thicknesses in alphas make the rows wonky, but in normals it should work just fine. But would it go well if I used both embroidery floss and yarn that's almost 3 times as thick together in a normal pattern? Would it make the pattern wonky?

This might have an easy answer and I don't know it ๐Ÿ™ˆ But help is appreciated!
KuteKat
Bracelet King
KuteKat
4ย weeks ago by KuteKat
I think that might make the pattern look a bit wonky but I canโ€™t say for certain. Iโ€™ve had a few normals be wonky because of significantly different sized strings so I would avoid mixing thicknesses when possible, hope this helps!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4ย weeks ago by halokiwi
String thickness also has an effect in normal patterns. It might be smaller than the effect in alpha patterns, but it is definitely noticeable, because the size of the knots will be different. I would advice against mixing strings of such big difference in size, unless you want to use it for an effect. The knots made with the thicker string will stand out which might be an interesting texture. But you won't get the uniform texture that you usually have in bracelets.
unique_ly
Bracelet King
unique_ly
4ย weeks ago by unique_ly
@KuteKat @halokiwi If so, then I think I should only use the string that I usually use for my next project. Thanks for the comments!