String length {daisy chains}
multiestar
Professional
multiestar
1ย month ago by multiestar
So I started a daisy chain yesterday and I cut my string to 260cm (130cm when folded in half)

I wanna make the bracelet 20cm without including the twisted ends / braid ends. Is it enough string for it including the teardrop loop (*I haven't done it yet*)

Tyty!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1ย month ago by halokiwi
In the daisy chain, the different strings need to have different length, because you make different amounts of knots with them.
For the string making the dot in the center, you need the least.
For the string making the chain, you need the most, even more, if you make longer chains.
I don't think it is possible to give a good reply to that just like that.

My recommendation is that you make a bracelet sized daisy chain first and use the string length that MashaKnots uses in her video. If that string length worked out well for you, you can try calculating how much more you would need for a bracelet of twenty cm length.
hilsa
Professional
hilsa
2ย weeks ago by hilsa
I find a ratio of 3:2:1 for the main colour : white : yellow works
My bracelets (Inc end ties) are around 23cm, and I cut roughly:
Yellow- 70-80cm
White- 140-160cm
Colour- 225-250cm (a little more than the ratio!)
And then fold them over, with around 10-15cm of extra colour string on one side to do the loop
I find my laptop Is actually a really useful measuring guide for daisy chain bracelets (it's around 35cm long, so I measure it 2x for yellow, 4x for white and 6x + 15cm extra for the colour
DMC & Anchor thread tends to make tighter knots (& so slightly shorter bracelets) than the more generic / less expensive thread, so that may alter the amont you need!
Hope this helps!
multiestar
Professional
multiestar
1ย week, 2ย days ago by multiestar
Thank you both so much for the help! I just realized I haven't responded back, I checked masha video and it helped a lots / also the string length thing , also the ratio thing/with the computer, il try using a school book thing that's around of 26-30cm long next time I make a bracelet like that!