How do you wear your bracelets
emp217
Skiller
emp217
1 month ago by emp217
Hi guys,

what a stupid question, you may think! 😂 🙈
No, really - how do you wear your bracelets?

Do they fit your clothes? The colours of your shirts?
Do you wear one on your hand? Several? On your feet?
Do you take them off, when you go to bed or have a shower?

And how do you choose the colors of your bracelets? Do you pick colours just as you like and make the bracelet for fun? Or do you choose the colours to fit your clothes?

I am asking these silly questions because I am quite new in knotting. I love knotting, I love the color combinations and the patterns. But I actually never wore bracelets before. Nothing, no rings or anything, only my watch. Ok and ear rings, but nothing on my hands. And now I am wondering how other people use to wear them...

Thanks! 😉
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
1 month ago by Hylia224
Hiya! Welcome to the knotting community!
First off, I make patterns specific to what I like, not what I wear. I'm really into the Legend of Zelda so I have multiple bracelets made from Zelda patterns on both wrists. I use the bracelets i wear to express my interests. I also have a simple bracelet with a cross charm and a semicolon bracelet. And I wear all of them all the time. I never take them off.
I mainly wear my bracelets on my wrists but I also gift a lot. And I have a simple one on my ankle
I've seen people make some patterns into chokers, but I haven't tried that yet. I would like to though!
The colors I use in a pattern just correspond to whatever I think looks best. Sometimes the pattern will take on shapes in my head. For example I might see flowers in a pattern so I'll use bright colors to make the flowers I see more obvious. Or a stripey pattern might remind me of a tiger so I'll use orange and black
As far as ACTUALLY wearing them I just knot the ends together and that sucker's on there till it frays and falls off
emp217
Skiller
emp217
1 month ago by emp217
"till it frays and falls off" 😂 😂 😂 That will never be, I think! The quality is not so bad! Recently I gifted a bracelet to a friend and she also say, she will wear it until it falls off.

So now I know why people don't mind if the bracelets are not adjustable or there is no button attached. Because they wear them always and forever. ❤️
Hunniebuns
Advanced
Hunniebuns
1 month ago by Hunniebuns
I do not wear bracelets often anymore but my husband loves wearing the bracelets I make. He says he wants them up to his elbow.
Hasti13900
Skiller
Hasti13900
1 month ago by Hasti13900
Hello, you can match it with your clothes or wear any design you like, the difference is that all models are beautiful🙃
emp217
Skiller
emp217
1 month ago by emp217
What a cool husband! 😍
wwwaubrey
Beginner
wwwaubrey
3 weeks, 1 day ago by wwwaubrey
I make mine so each wrist has a color theme and I just wear them all the time
emp217
Skiller
emp217
2 weeks, 2 days ago by emp217
How long can you wear a bracelet until it frays out and doesn't look good anymore?
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
2 weeks, 2 days ago by Tikilishi
Definitely not silly questions at all @emp217! 😄

I think it depends on the type of thread, because while I've never worn a bracelet until it fell off, I did lose one in my neighbors' backyard as a kid and found it months later covered in dirt - after I washed it off it was still good! I don't get how it even lasted so long because it was 100% cotton!

I wanna say it also depends on how often you go swimming in the summertime, because chlorine and pool chemicals do fade and degrade cotton faster. I had one where the blue faded a bit over the summer probably from all the chlorine lol.

I don't know how materials like polyester or acrylic would last, since those aren't nearly as biodegradable. The the stuff that hangs around in landfills, lol.
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
2 weeks, 2 days ago by Tikilishi
*That's the stuff (typo lol)