alpha straight edges are getting lumpy
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1 month ago by kpn
hi! does anyone else find their alphas getting warped and bumpy with the straight edge technique sometimes? i prefer it to the regular way, but i feel like my alphas can get curvy sometimes, even when i do use the SET. it also feels like the edges are pushing up, creating a border of sorts. any tips on how to make straight edges look better?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month ago by halokiwi
Try twisting the edges a little to avoid them from pushing up.
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1 month ago by kpn
@halokiwi alright, ty!
anne7
Professional
anne7
3 weeks ago by anne7
I do 2 backward forward knots on the edge, one for the row that's ending and one for the row that's starting.
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
3 weeks ago by kpn
@anne7 like straight edges?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 weeks ago by halokiwi
Lots of people initially make the mistake that they don't do enough bf and fb knots at the edges when doing the straight edges technique, but I don't think that this is the issue for you 😄

In the straight edges technique, you have to end and start each row with fb or bf knots. That means you need to two two bf or fb knots right after each other. One to end the previous row and one to start the next row.
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
3 weeks ago by kpn
@halokiwi that's what i've been doing, but they still start to get kinda bowl-y, idk
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 weeks ago by halokiwi
I know. That was just in reply to what anne7 said.

I don't think you are forgetting knots when doing the straight edges technique, so that's probably not your issue.
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
3 weeks ago by kpn
@halokiwi thank you for the help anyways! i'm trying out some new things right now, i might put it in the hints section if it works out (: