red string
Laurenmtan
Professional
Laurenmtan
1ย month ago by Laurenmtan
Idk if itโ€™s just me but I hate red string. I go to look for different shades of red and all I see is the same one color red. I know light red is just going to look like pink but I really want different types of red. I look at the store and see 100 different blues but I only can find one red. Does anyone else feel this way???
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1ย month ago by halokiwi
Are you usually able to see all shades of red? If not, maybe you are some kind of colour blind, if you have a hard time telling them apart.
Str1ngz
Professional
Str1ngz
1ย month ago by Str1ngz
This is a more scientific answer, but generally humans can't see a lot of different shades of red because we perceive a lot of the red in visible light spectrum (the colours we can see) as the same or very similar shades whereas with blue, there is a lot more perceivable variation. Also, people tend to be very relaxed when defining the colour blue, as in there are blue-greens and blue-purples, but with red, if it has enough yellow in it, it's considered orange, and if it has enough blue in it, it's considered magenta or pink. I hope this makes some sort of sense ๐Ÿ˜„
Str1ngz
Professional
Str1ngz
1ย month ago by Str1ngz
If you want some different shades of red, I'd suggest looking at colours that you may not normally consider "red". For example, sometimes when I need a darker red, I use a deep magenta or a reddish brown. Sometimes some bright oranges or pinks can also act as a red colour in patterns.
Cow28
Bracelet King
Cow28
1ย month ago by Cow28
@Str1ngz thatโ€™s actually really interesting! It makes sense too.
Laurenmtan
Professional
Laurenmtan
1ย month ago by Laurenmtan
@Str1ngz thank you so much for your help. This is really interesting and I have never thought of it in this way.
Str1ngz
Professional
Str1ngz
1ย month ago by Str1ngz
@Laurenmtan No problem! I just had another thought as well. If you can't find enough colours in embroidery floss, you could also look at cotton yarn and split the yarn into strands of a similar thickness to your regular embroidery thread. Just suggesting this because where I live, there is a much wider range of colours available in yarn than in embroidery floss.