emp217
Skiller
emp217
1 month ago by emp217
Hello guys,

I'm just trying to make #27341 because I had a look through the photos of @krazyknots and found it sooo beautiful.
Actually, it should be this one: https://media.braceletbookcdn.com/photos/000/000/292/371/000000292371/image.jpg
As I don't like the straight edge technique with normal patterns, I don't do it. But after I already began, I recognized, that there is a white row at the edge that was additionally added which I don't have now. But maybe I will do this bracelet once more and then I would like to add this row.
How did she do that? Because there is no pattern variation for this. Did she add 2 white strings on each half at the edge? And then always do a bfk (left) and a fbk (right)?
I actually just would like an additional white border, not necessarily a straight edge.

Thank you!

emp
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
1 month ago by KrazyKnotz
Yes, that is what I did with the 'straight edge' technique. I just added a string on the far left and far right sides of the bracelet, and used bf and fb knots. 😊
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
For example, I incorporated in #160831 straight edges. So you do bf and fb on the odd number rows.

If you want a solid edge, you do bf and fb on every row (both even and odd number rows).
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
#166553 and #164714 are examples of solid edges.
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
Clarification - *If you want a solid edge, you do bf and fb on every row (both even and odd number rows).

I think you would do this if you are adding an additional string on each side, but I'm could be wrong. I've never tried this before. 😅
emp217
Skiller
emp217
1 month ago by emp217
Ah, so you add ONE string an do a fb left. If you want to see that string like I do.
If you don't want to see that string, so do a bf on the left.

Did I get it right?
emp217
Skiller
emp217
1 month ago by emp217
But in this particular pattern the start/end and the center of the arrow would disappear? These are also fb/bf knots.
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
Sorry. I think I'm explaining it wrong 😅

These tutorials I think will help more than me explaining

https://youtu.be/YkN7VX0gVfQ?si=WuguT9UwFFW_b_pV
https://youtu.be/Hft_KoLaUCc?si=uXVU8ZyfBuT9lpSC
emp217
Skiller
emp217
1 month ago by emp217
Is it possible to make a variation of this pattern with a 1 knot border left and right? And with different colors?
What I have in mind are 7 colors + white, but 8 arrows - one color would repeat itself.

It would be
1 2 3 4
7 6 5 1
for the arrows.

For me it's very difficult to re-think the whole pattern and the color order, because it's not possible to add a variation with more colors as there are in the original pattern. So it would be a new pattern and 1. I have no idea of that and 2. it don't want to copy another person's pattern (in this case @KrazyKnotz).
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month ago by halokiwi
It would need to be a new pattern. If you want, I can design a new pattern for you. I won't submit it. Instead I will send the knotting structure and string order to you via private message. Then you can copy and paste it into the generator to look at it. Would that work for you?
emp217
Skiller
emp217
1 month ago by emp217
That would work, I think. I don't know, I will see. 😂
Don't you also have the string order and can make a screenshot of it?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month ago by halokiwi
It's not possible to send screenshots via direct message, but I sent you everything you need