Base strings
Yneliang11
Beginner
Yneliang11
1 month, 3 weeks ago by Yneliang11
Should I choose the base the normal embroidery thread as of the main string or should I double them and then use it as base strings?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month, 3 weeks ago by halokiwi
That's up to you. You can also use string that isn't embroidered thread for the base strings.

Using thicker base strings or doubling your base strings helps make the knots more square.
BlueCat123
Bracelet King
BlueCat123
1 month, 2 weeks ago by BlueCat123
Quick question what could you use other than embroidery floss for bass strings?
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1 month, 2 weeks ago by EggMan
@BlueCat123 Thin cotton yarn, perle cotton/crochet thread numbers 5 or 3 (5 is thinner and actually quite close to embroidery thread in thickness. The differences in the way it's constructed does make it "squish" a bit less, so it keeps its thickness better when used as base strings), perle cotton/crochet thread number 8 if you use multiple threads. There are probably other options, I just don't know them. Technically any kind of thread works, you just need to find the kind that you like.

Also, you don't have to use other people's topics to ask your questions. Asking them in your own topic is perfectly acceptable, and helps with keeping the forum more organized.
saoirsedem
Skiller
saoirsedem
1 month ago by saoirsedem
is there a way to add on new base string if you cut them too short?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month ago by halokiwi
@saoirsedem yes, check out the video "Alpha Base String Repair Easy Tutorial" by CreationsByClaira:
https://youtu.be/K47ogYsEpyw